GDPR / CCPA Compliance
How LeadiD is prepared
To be GDPR / CCPA compliant Lead iD had to update its sites to implement streamlined privacy and terms policies. Integrated triple state confirmation mechanisms. Enhanced backend systems to detect in
In early Q1 2018 Lead iD assessed its path toward GDPR compliance. We assessed the following but not limited to.
What data do we collect?
Have we obtained it fairly? For
Are we holding data longer than necessary?
Is the data secure?
Do we collect sensitive data?
Do we transfer data outside the EU, if so do we have protections in place?
Lead iD Policies
lead iD assessed its current policies and procedures to map a path toward compliance. A compliance plan was established to implement the latest data subject safeguards and best practice procedures to meet GDPR compliance.
A technology implementation roadmap to achieve compliance.
Updated and streamlined privacy and terms policy.
Updated data retention policies.
Updated standard operating procedures for data security and retention.
How Does GDPR Protect Me?
Companies with permission to use your data are bound by law to protect and report any data breaches. They are also to provide a means to request a copy of the data and methods to update or delete the data. Other requirements with regards to data protection are data reuse limitations, less Ambiguous privacy and terms policies, and enhanced registration submission confirmations to be more explicit.
How Is My Information Going To Be Used?
Lead iD employ’s the following principles when processing data.
- Lawfulness – personal data will be processed when there is a legal basis by consent; or if necessary precautions will be taken to protect a subject’s interests.
- Fairness – all data controller’s key compliance is to responsibly and lawfully provide sufficient information about our processes and to provide information about a data subject’s rights.
- Transparency – subject’s information request will be provided in a clear and concise manner.
- Purpose limitation – subject data is collected and processed for the specified intent and legitimate purposes by subjects and will not be used for unintended purposes.
- Data minimization – only relevant data is collected for the specified intent and will be collected and processed for a specified purpose.
- Accuracy – personal data can be updated and made accurate by both parties using updates.
- Storage retention – subject data will not be stored longer than necessary post-processing.
- Security – implemented across all data environments using best practice implementations like but not limited to firewalls, intrusion detection, and notifications.
How To Request A Copy Of My Information?
How Can I Update My Information?
How Is My Information Protected?
Fanatical data center security team is in place to safeguard data and to keep unwanted data abuse from occurring. Updated standard operating procedures are in place to report any data breach to the appropriate authorities and in the case of
Is There A Retention Policy?
To help mitigate data breaches Lead iD has implemented date retention policies and have updated them to comply with GDPR. Data retention period for the subject’s data is 120-day rolling retention. Log level data is set to 25-month rolling retention.
The Right To Be Forgotten, How Do I Apply?
Information Collection, Use, and Dissemination practices:
1. Collection of Information.
1.1 User Direct Information:
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- When a data subject vonluntarily submit / registers to offers via registration.
- Vonluntarily apply to sweepstakes via registration
Each time you provide information to take advantage of a promotional offer, enter to win a contest, enter to win a sweepstake, send us an email, or otherwise transmit information via the site, Lead iD may obtain and collect personally identifiable information provided by you, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, social security number, credit card information, and telephone number. You may also provide us with information that, when combined with personally identifiable information, provides us with a better idea of who you are, Including but not limited to your gender, birthday, marital status, and education level (collectively referred to as “personal information”). If you choose to access our website, use our services or purchase our products, we may require you to provide personal information as indicated on the forms throughout the site.
1.2 Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Info Collected Using Technology:
- (a) Cookies: Cookies are a feature on your browser software. If enabled, we may write cookies that may store small amounts of data on your device about your visit to any of the pages of this Site. Cookies assist us in tracking which of our features appeal the most to you and what content you may have viewed on past visits. When you visit this site again, cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences.
- (b) IP Addresses: Lead iD automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on the site. We may use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the site or not), which URL you next go to your device browser information, and your IP address. Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) is a unique Internet “address” which is assigned to you by your Internet, Mobile Service Provider, or the provider of the Internet Service you are connected to at a particular time (“ISP”). IP addresses are automatically logged by Web servers, collecting anonymous information about a user’s traffic patterns. to determine your location and that you are using the web.
- (e) New Technology: The use of technology on the Internet, Including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly developing. As a result, LeadiD strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of new technology.
1.3 No Information Collected from Children:
LeadiD will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 18. If LeadiD obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 18, that information will be immediately deleted from its database. Because it does not collect such information, LeadiD has no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. LeaiD has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
2. Use of Individual Information
The following section describes how LeadiD uses personal information. The uses described in these sections may change at any time.
2.1. Discretion to Use Information:
The personal information collected on this site and by third parties will be used to operate the site and to provide the services or products or carry out the transactions you have requested or authorized. LeadiD may use your personal information to provide promotional offers to individuals by means of email advertising, telephone marketing, direct mail marketing, online banner advertising, and package stuffers, and other possible uses.
2.2 Profiling and Target Advertising:
LeadiD uses your information to make and improve profiles of you and to track your online browsing habits and determine which areas of LeadiD’s websites are most frequently visited. This information helps LeadiD to better understand your interests so that it can target advertising and promotions to you.
2.3 Storage of Personal Information:
LeadiD stores your information in a database on Lead iD’s servers. Our servers have security measures (such as a firewall) in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under Lead iD’s control. Notwithstanding such measures, Lead iD cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent Lead iD computers from being illegally accessed, and your information from being stolen or altered.
LeadiD datastores employ active intrusion detection to protect against data loss and misuse. Any data breach will be reported to the proper authorities and will pursue any intrusion to the fullest extent of the law.
3. Use of Personal Information.
3.1 Customer Service:
Lead iD will use your personal information to respond to you, to process, validate and verify requests and/or purchase orders, to fulfill any of your requests and to tailor your experience on our websites.
3.2 Complying with Legal Process:
Lead iD will use or disclose your personal information in response to subpoenas, court orders, warrants, or legal process, or to otherwise establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or in the event you violate or breach an agreement with Lead iD. Lead iD will use and disclose your personal information if we believe you will harm the property or rights of Lead iD, its owners, or those of Lead iD’s other customers. Finally, we will use or disclose your personal information if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Lead iD’s acceptable use policy, or as otherwise required by law when responding to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes.
3.3 Order Fulfillment:
Lead iD will transfer your personal information to third parties when necessary to provide a product or service that you order from such third party while using Lead iD’s websites or when responding to offers provided by Lead iD
4. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
4.1. Advertiser cookies and web beacons:
Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who place advertisements on the websites and on the internet generally may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other technology to collect information about individuals. Lead iD does not control the use of such technology and Lead iD has no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about you.
Updated May 2018.